Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Dark Elf Updates





well, my dark elf project has been a long time running. I originally concieved the idea to do the dark elves after the Hillbilly 05. Since then, I have slowly begun painting and collecting them. World of Warcraft sort of curtailed my minitures hobby for a long time, but once I gave that up, I was able to focus more attention on my fledging dark elf hobby. In doing that, I really began to make some headway on the army. The past few months have been crazy and so my progress has slowed, but I am now heading into a time I can again get cracking on these guys, and I hope to have them ready for the 08 tournament season.
Image one is my Black Guard, which I will actually be using as DoW ogres. Image 2 is my finished spear elves regiment. Image 3 is my sorceress, which will be a level 2 magic caster. Image 5 is my noble on cold one, using a converted carnasaur to show what B.A. he is. I apologize for the blurriness of the pics. I don't think that my camera nor my photography skills are good enough to do much better. Let me know what you think with what you can see.
*edit: I am doing some research on taking better miniture photos, I'll try to get those up!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well, Ben, you're right...those pics are crappy;) Does your camera have a macro function? If so, you should use it to take closeup mini pics. Anyway, I really like the color sceme w/ all the orange...very different for DE. What's the conversion on the carnasaur...I can't tell in the pics? I like how you've done the dudes on 40mm bases for ogres. Looking forward to seeing it next month at the first annual "Nitz-in-Your-Face"!