Monday, January 7, 2008

Works In Progress

alright, I am going to attempt to chronical my production of the Dark Elves, and my other minatures a bit better on here. Its just the hassle of getting the pics and loading them. Anyway, my Dark Elves have been a four year labor of love, though my obsession with WoW for two of those years means most the painting has been done in the last 12 months. At this point, I am making a lot of headway in the army. I really only have 4 completely untouched units to do, two of which you will see here. A chariot, a unit of 15 spearelves, a unit of witch elves, and some shades.

The unit to the left is my second chariot. Its been a LONG time since I painted my last one, but I think doing a war machine will be a nice change of pace from little elves, so I am excited to start on it. Also, I tried a technique to use rare earth magnents to attatche my charioteers to the chariot base, to make for easier storage and transport, and it worked like a charm, so I'm excited to repeat that process here.

The unit above is my third, and final block of spear elves. None of my three spear units have any command, their main job to be a rallying point, and a cheap provider of a +2 combat resolution. Despite that, they are a decent defensive unit, and make a decent offensive weapon when paired up with 5 dark riders to a flank. I usually paint these fellas in batches of five, and so you can see the first five are in a middle stage of constuction. a few highlights, some details here and their, and they will be good to go.

The unit to the left is my first chariot. As you can see, the chariot is painted, but the riders need to be painted now. These are the boys I got to stay on the chariot using magnets. Its a slick little trick inspired by Shawn O's magnetic standard top, and it is working awesome. Basically, these are the three things I'll be working on right now. polishing off some spear elves, and then breaking that up with my charioteers and my other chariot. This should be a good lot of things to paint up, as all three are fairly unique from each other, which should hold my interest.

Once these are done, I can start on the final two units... just in time for the Vampire Count release... or at least shortly after that... haha.

3 comments:

Mr. Driver said...

You're damn near 2250 and that is nice. You inspired me to purchase some rare earth magnets.

I'm thinking about selling off those Vampire Counts that I have from Richter. I purchased a Lizardman Box Army on eBay the other day for 140. I am gay and have about 4 armies to paint up. I'm excited to see your finished product.

Mr. Driver said...

Link up my gay blog with your gay blog.

The Great One said...

ya, i'm getting close to getting done. I am very excited to get finished and have a complete army... of course this will be just before the new dark elves, and all their new, sweet minitures get released.. but what can you do.