Thursday, January 17, 2008

Updates 1/17 - chariot action

I thought I would post some more Work in Progress photos. I been pretty busy lately, so i haven't gotten as much painting done as I would have liked, but I did get some rough color put on. I figured I'd post these photos for Joe, and who ever else wants to see them, as the WiP is always pretty cool to check out. The first picture is my chariot crew from the finished chariot. These are the guys with the magnets, which I still think is super sweet. As you can possibly tell, I got them to stand up with the magnets, using a GW file.




The next photo is one of the second chariots cold ones. I have just put the first coat of orange paint on. Orange is a pain in the a$$ to put on over black, but my skills with painting over white are non-existant, so I do what I must. Since I leave the scales black, you can get a decent idea of how he will look eventually. The other fellow is a Reaper Bolt Thrower crew member. Yes, thats one of the old school guys. I am not sure why I am using them, but i had them, and I am. So one Reaper will have the new crew, and the otheer will have the "veteran" crew. Note: both Reapers will be the new style though, b/c its way sweet and old ones look dumb, in my opinion.



The final photo shows my painted chariot next to my unpainted one. As you can see, i have chosen on the new one to reverse the colors. So the first one I did, I used a dark brown for the wood areas. Then for the main metal areas I used chainmail highlighted with Mithril, and then old school gold for accents. On this one, I want to use the same brown, but make my main color gold, and use mithril silver for accents. Any thoughts? I think it will look ok. I am going for cohesive, yet distinct.

I am also very excited for the Vampire Counts books to get released in a little over a month. I am fairly certain they will be my next army, and so I should be in a good position to start them in June.

No comments: